State Senator Mike Simmons is pleased to announce the 7th District Small Business Restoration Grant, made possible by $2.5 million in funds he has secured to provide one-time, $10,000 grants to Illinois 7th District small businesses. This grant is provided in partnership with the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity and facilitated by five local chambers.
Grant funds are intended for small businesses who have missed out on previous granting opportunities, are in danger of closure and/or are facing financial hardship, and identify as historically underserved entrepreneurs located in the 7th District. Applicants must operate in brick and mortar sites in the City of Chicago in the State of Illinois’ 7th District. To apply, visit www.7SBRG.org.
- December 12, 2023 Applications Open
- February 2, 2024 Applications Due at 11:59pm CT
- April 2024 Grant Recipients Announced
- May 1 – June 30, 2024 Funds Disbursed
For full eligibility and to apply, visit www.7SBRG.org
Applications Close February 2, 2024
- Businesses must have 25 or fewer W2 employees
- Businesses must operate an independently-owned brick and mortar business legally in the City of Chicago in the State of Illinois’ 7th District
- Businesses that received IL B2B, BIG grants or any other pandemic-related financial support are eligible
- Non-profit organizations are not eligible
- Valid form of photo identification
- 2022 IRS tax returns with income of at least $10,000
- Proof of good standing with the State of Illinois (unless the business is a sole proprietorship which does not file documents with the State annually) • Proof of a current business license with the City of Chicago
- Provide a W-9 form signed in 2023
- If chosen, businesses must agree to become a subgrantee of the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity and sign a sub-grantee agreement.